Monday 3 May 2010

The Time Traveller's wife

This weekend has been spent finishing off my CPT writing (mainly because I wanted to avoid the more important work that I really should be doing).  Here are a couple more reviews I've written!

I've just finished reading The Time Traveller's wife.  After being told repeatedly that it's really great I thought I'd give it a go.  At first I couldn't really get into it but about a third of the way in I was hooked.  It wasn't at all what I expected it to be, which was a soppy romantic story.  It was a lot more serious than that, some pretty nasty things happen to poor old Claire and Henry!  The time travelling wasn't romanticised as I expected, but actually a big shadow hanging over their lives and quite a nasty reality.  Somehow the book seemed quite down to earth and believable, although I have to say getting my head round the concept of time travelling blags my head, especially since in this book Henry couldn't change what had already happened, instead he was already part of what happens.

I'd like to see the film now despite the bad reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment