Thursday 3 December 2009

Essay Tutorial

An early essay tutorial for me. So far I was pretty pleased with the work I'd done on my essay, 'a good foundation to improve on' in my first tutorial. I had referenced and researched to high heaven so just had to concentrate on writing. Since then I ruthlessly edited and tried to structure better and make my arguments more clear.

This time, I felt I got some good pointers on how to perfect my writing for the final draft, mainly ideas on structure and layout. I hope that coming up with a strong but simple visual design solution for my essay will help to articulate my points better. I had tried to write in an entertaining and personal way that isn't how I would usually write an essay, and Hitch wasn't sure about this, but that's what they asked us to do (?) so in the end we decided it was fine.

I am so desperate to get a first for this essay... I hope I am not reaching to high, but I've been getting 67 and 68 for every essay I've done and I didn't work as hard as I could have. I've tried to make sure I've improved on everything and push this as far as I can, but i'm still unable to get a definitive answer on what that *thing* is I need to do go from a 2.1 to a 1st! I really don't want to miss out this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment