Tuesday 16 February 2010

Andreas Uebel

So I have spent the last week doing research for about 7 projects. I thought it would help me narrow down which ones I wanted to work on and which ones I might drop, but it hasn't, it's just made me want to work on them all. Dammit! Still it's been a nice week and I've found lot's of inspiration, some directly related to my projects which has mainly gone in the old sketchbook, but i'm blogging some of the stuff I've found which I know I'll want to look at soon for my other project and some other stuff which I just Love. =) enjoy...


Andreas Uebele:





''art writes its own laws. familiar everyday things are removed from reality. in the wordmark for the gallery for contemporary art the letters are removed as well. abandoning themselves to the rhythm of a siren song, they have sailed away from their standard spacing. through the apparently random blacking of the counters – the white spaces in the letters – the wordmark with its irregular spacing seems somehow syncopated. plain information is transformed into contemporary art''




This guy's website is full of quite diverse work, although it all has a very typographical and distinct style to it.
(www.uebele.com)

''the agency is active in all areas of visual communications. projects are handled by small interdisciplinary teams comprising communications designers, media engineers and architects.''

I have become really interested in the way that design/advertising agencies work internally this year. Since we are getting so close to the big wide world, I kind of worried that the kind of place I wanted to work didn't really work and was just a ideal in my head. I'm feeling a little more confident now that my perfect job is out there somewhere, I just have to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment