Sunday 25 October 2009

Nicholas Felton

''Nicholas Felton spends much of his time thinking about data, charts and our daily routines. He is the author of several personal annual reports that collate countless measurements into a rich collection of graphs and maps reflecting the year’s activities. He is the co-founder of Daytum.com, a site for counting and communicating daily data, and regular designer of information graphics for numerous publications. His work has been profiled in publications including the Wall Street Journal, Wired and Creative Review.''




Another find from the Data Flow book - Nicholas Felton. This work gave me a whole new look on the Journal and essay sections and refreshed my thinking of how I can approach them. Looking more into his work and his website it seems that his work is mainly consists of visualising data and information graphics. Although I don't see myself going into information graphics in the future, I like the style of much of it, though I'm mainly interested in how I can use this style to convey deeper concepts and ideas for different purposes. What I do love about information graphics is generally the clean, meticulous functional aesthetic. I like the purpose behind it.

Felton's work has got me cooking up some interesting ideas about my trip to New York and Journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment