Sunday 22 November 2009

Alcohol Awareness Campaign

I saw this in a book of ambient advertising over summer and it's one of the best campaigns I'd seen in a long while. I just remembered it now I'm looking at the Alcohol brief. It is soo simple, but I bet for the women who found it in their drinks this has probably changed their behaviour completely. Sometimes with tricky and sensitive subjects such as date rape, the police campaign last year and now binge drinking it is almost impossible to get people to listen to a message, no matter how well executed or designed, when they don't think it will happen to them. Once bitten, twice shy though - this is what it takes to get people to realise that these serious issues can, do and will effect them if they do not change their behaviour.




Looking at the alcohol brief this weekend, I have realised just how difficult it is. I have come up with a few ideas, though nothing I think I'm going to go with yet, but it's a big battle between advertising and design for me. Virals and information packs and talks and social media are the solutions to the problems they want solving, but these are not things that I feel I can produce on this course or things that are going to look right in my portfolio. So I feel like I'm in a complete dilemma about how to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment